Posted February 9, 2013on:
Originally posted on Overman Foundation:
We have uploaded a set of photographs of the early years of Sri Aurobindo Ashram. Through these photographs one could relive history for they comprise of snapshots of the four separate buildings which now constitute the Ashram main building, construction of ‘Golconde’— the oldest dormitory/guest house of the Ashram, courtyard of the Ashram, Christmas celebrations, Ashram Cricket Team, etc. Some photos of the early members of the Ashram are also included here.
With warm regards,
Early inmates of the Ashram, 1923.
Top (left to right): Rajangam, Tirupati, Khitish, Nolini Kanta Gupta, Satyen alias Vindyeswari Prasad, Kanailal Ganguly, Bijoy Kumar Nag, Ambalal Balakrishna Purani and Nagaratnam.
Centre: Punamchand, Champaben (Punamchand’s wife), Mrs. Kodandaraman and Kodandaraman Rao.
Bottom: Champaklal, Suresh Chandra Chakravarti alias Moni, K.Amrita and Manmohan.
Sri Aurobindo and the Mother had shifted to the “Library House” at 9, Rue de…
View original 178 more words